for People with Disabilities
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FOR PERSONS WITH
DISABILITIES, INCLUDING DISABLED VETERANS
- Special authorities are available for the non-competitive appointment of persons with severe physical and mental disabling conditions and for Veterans with a 30 percent or higher compensable service-connected disability.
- Appointments may be made on a temporary basis to demonstrate ability to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
- Candidates are usually certified for appointment by a counselor or State vocational rehabilitation agency or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Upon completion of two years of satisfactory service, the employee may qualify for non-competitive conversion to a career or career-conditional appointment. Disabled veterans may be converted from a time-limited appointment of more than 60 days.
- Eligible candidates may apply for vacancy consideration regardless of closing date so long as the selection has not been made.
- USAJobs, State vocational rehabilitation agencies, colleges, Department of Veterans Affairs, talent bank, advertisements.
- Candidate must meet qualification requirements for the position.
- Candidate must have, when required, a statement from a State vocational rehabilitation agency or service certifying they have the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Disabled veterans must have received a discharge from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more, or been rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs within the preceding year as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more.