for Recent Graduates
PRESIDENTIAL MANAGEMENT FELLOWS (PMF) PROGRAM
- The PMF Program is designed to attract outstanding men and women from
a variety of academic disciplines who have a clear interest in a career
in the analysis and management of public policies and programs.
- Fellowships are for two years, during which time fellows participate
in a variety of activities to enhance their leadership and management
skills and to prepare them to qualify for a career position upon graduation
from the program.
- Fellows maybe appointed at grade GS-9, GS-11, or GS-12 level. At the completion of the
two years, interns are permanently placed in or promoted to a career position.
- Colleges and universities.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a graduate, law or doctoral-level course of study at
a qualifying college or university.
- Candidate must receive the nomination of the dean or academic
- Candidate must pass the OPM administered
OPM has additional information on the PMF program at http://www.pmf.opm.gov.
RECENT GRADUATES PROGRAM
The Recent Graduates Program is a component of the new Pathways Programs. The Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. To be eligible, applicants must apply within two years of degree or certificate completion (except for veterans precluded from doing so due to their military service obligation, who will have up to six years after degree completion to apply). Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. The program lasts for 1 year.
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.