Strike the right balance with a career at National Science Foundation.
NSF is located at Stafford Place, 4201 Wilson Boulevard in the Ballston section of Arlington, Virginia. NSF also has office space in the building next door, Stafford II. Our facility is less than a block from the metrorail system (Ballston Station, Orange Line) and metrobus line connections, which means you'll have more time for yourself and less time in traffic. (See the Arlington County Commuter Page for more commuting options.) Parking is available onsite as well as at several surrounding buildings.
As part of NSF's commitment to providing a quality work environment for its employees, it provides the following services:
- The NSF Employees Association (which promotes recreation, welfare, and good fellowship among employees) will welcome your participation in such activities as educational programs, travel, picnics and similar social affairs.
- The Partnership Federal Credit Union offers complete banking services and provides excellent opportunities to invest your savings or borrow conveniently for many purposes
- The Wellness Program encompasses a range of employee assistance and health enhancement services, including a Health Services Unit that provides proactive health maintenance and employee assistance in confidential counseling and referral services.
- Membership to the Physical Fitness Facility is open to all NSF employees at a nominal fee.
- The Cyberfare is the NSF staff cafeteria, which carries a variety of breakfast, lunch and snack items.
- Several conveniently located child care options are available, including the National Science Foundation Child Development Center located on the ground floor of NSF's main building, Stafford Place. Other child care options can be found at http://www.daycarevirginia.com.
- You have the right to join or refrain from joining the Union, Local 3403, American Federation of Government Employees, AFL-CIO.
Visit the Human Resources Management site for more information on the services NSF provides to its employees.
NSF encourages diversity, including promoting an environment inclusive of those with disabilities. To this end, NSF's Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is responsible for coordinating the agency's compliance with sections 501 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information, please contact ODI at 703-292-8020.