How to Apply for a Phase II Award
- All NSF SBIR/STTR Phase II proposals must be submitted via the FastLane system.
- Only NSF Phase I awardees may compete for NSF Phase II projects.
- The objective of Phase II is to continue the R/R&D effort from Phase I.
- SBIR/STTR Phase II awards are funded up to $750,000 for up to 24 months.
- STTR Phase I grantees can now submit SBIR Phase II proposals. More information.
The SBIR/STTR Phase II proposals have fixed submission dates, 1 month or 7 months after the expiration of the Phase I award. Reference your Phase I award letter to confirm the exact dates. The submission window opens 30 days before the proposal due date. NOTE: Phase II proposals that are declined are NOT allowed to be resubmitted in the next cycle!
Administrative and Financial Capability Reviews
Click here for important information to know at the start of your Phase I award regarding Phase II SBIR/STTR administrative and financial capability reviews.
Click here to view the required contents of a Phase II SBIR/STTR Proposal. Click here for guidance on determining salaries for personnel on a Phase II grant.
Proposal Submission Nuts and Bolts
Click here to learn how to submit a Phase II proposal in FastLane.