How to Apply for a Phase II Award
- All NSF SBIR/STTR Phase II proposals must be submitted via the FastLane system.
- Only NSF Phase I awardees may compete for NSF Phase II projects.
- The objective of Phase II is to continue the R/R&D effort from Phase I.
- SBIR/STTR Phase II awards are funded up to $750,000 for up to 24 months.
- STTR Phase I grantees can now submit SBIR Phase II proposals. More information on switching from STTR to SBIR.
The SBIR/STTR Phase II proposals have fixed submission dates, approximately 1 month or 7 months after the expiration of the Phase I award. Reference your Phase I award letter to confirm the exact dates. If your award letter does not include the exact dates for Phase II submission, please contact the representative from the NSF Division of Grants and Agreements that is listed on your award letter to obtain the correct dates. The submission window opens 30 days before the proposal due date. NOTE: Phase II proposals that are declined are NOT allowed to be resubmitted!
Administrative and Financial Capability Reviews
Proposal Submission Nuts and Bolts
Learn how to submit a Phase II proposal in FastLane.