The electronic submission of the Final Report fulfills the NSF reporting requirements for a SBIR/STTR Phase I grant. The Final Report should be submitted by the 15th day of the month following the end of the Phase I grant performance period. A Phase I final report has the following components:
1. COVER PAGE:
The report cover page is filled out and signed by the PI and the Authorized Company Representative. Failure to submit the SIGNED Report Cover Page as a part of the technical report will delay payment. Once the cover page is filled out and signed, you MUST attach it as part of the interim report, using the following steps:
- Make sure you have Adobe Reader.
- Download the Cover Page Document.
- Fill out and Print the form.
- Physically sign the Cover Page in the signature field.
- Scan the Cover Page as a PDF file.
(Note: You must sign the cover page because you are certifying that all information contained in the report is accurate.)
2. TECHNICAL REPORT:
Documents the research accomplishments of the Phase I/IB project. This section should demonstrate that the research activities were carried out and are consistent with the level of effort originally proposed and the amount of funding received. This section should not exceed 15 pages including reference data, graphics, or tabular data. The technical report must include the following components:
- A summary/description of the research carried out, the results and the extent to which the stated Phase I/IB objectives were met.
- Problems encountered and methods of resolution used.
- Problems remaining or unfilled research objectives.
- Conclusions of the Phase I/IB findings and how these conclusions support a Phase II proposal.
(Note: This technical report will be uploaded in the Phase II proposal.)
3. RESEARCH.GOV INFORMATION / SUBMISSION:
- Use your FastLane UserID and password to log into Research.gov.
- On the Project Reporting Dashboard, select “Annual, Final, and Interim Report” to navigate to the “All Awards” tab. Navigate to the appropriate award.
- Complete the “Cover” information.
- Complete the “Products” and “Participants” tabs.
This structured information is vital, and it should be completed via the HTML questions and check boxes (regardless of whether or not it is present in a supplementary PDF!!)
- (Optional) Complete the “Accomplishments”, “Impact”, “Changes/Problems”, and “Special Requirements” tabs with information or use the check boxes to indicate that there is “Nothing to Report”.
- Upload the COVER PAGE PDF in the “Special Requirements” section under “Supporting Files”. If "Special Requirements" tab is not visible, please upload the COVER PAGE PDF under the "Accomplishments" tab.
- Upload the TECHNICAL REPORT PDF in the “Accomplishments” section under “Supporting Files”.