Marine Geology and Geophysics
|Candace O. Majoremail@example.com||(703) 292-8580|
|Barbara Ransomfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-7792||725 N|
|Deborah K. Smithemail@example.com||(703) 292-7978|
|Maurice Tiveyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-7710|
|Andrea Portieremail@example.com||(703) 292-8474|
Apply to PD 98-1620 as follows:
For full proposals submitted via FastLane: standard Grant Proposal Guide proposal preparation guidelines apply.
For full proposals submitted via Grants.gov: the NSF Grants.gov Application Guide; A Guide for the Preparation and Submission of NSF Applications via Grants.gov Guidelines applies. (Note: The NSF Grants.gov Application Guide is available on the Grants.gov website and on the NSF website at: http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=grantsgovguide)
Important Information for Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 16-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 25, 2016. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 16-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
Full Proposal Target Date: August 15, 2016
August 15, Annually Thereafter
Full Proposal Target Date: February 15, 2017
February 15, Annually Thereafter
Please note a Regional Framework for marine seismic data acquisition on R/V Marcus Langseth is now in place. See the UNOLS website for more information.
The Marine Geology and Geophysics program supports research on all aspects of geology and geophysics of the ocean basins and margins, as well as the Great Lakes.
The Program includes:
- Structure, tectonic evolution and volcanic activity of the ocean basins, the continental margins, the mid-ocean ridges, and island arc systems
- Processes controlling exchange of heat and chemical species between seawater and ocean rocks
- Genesis, chemistry, and mineralogic evolution of marine sediments
- Processes controlling deposition, erosion and transport of marine sediments
- Past ocean circulation patterns and climates and
- Interactions of continental and marine geologic processes
THIS PROGRAM IS PART OF