Division of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure
Strategic Technologies for the Internet - 2003
This program has been archived.
This announcement updates and replaces Strategic Technologies for the Internet - 2002 (STI-2002) NSF 02-093. The primary purpose of this program is to support work that will have impact on the network infrastructure within 3-5 years by supporting projects that advance the network infrastructure technology frontier. This program is designed to stimulate the development of critical infrastructure for the commodity Internet and/or advanced research networks which:
- have near-term (3 to 5 years) application and/or utilization potential,
- have outcomes not currently under development,
- meet an identified infrastructure need not met elsewhere,
- are high risk,
- advance the national research agenda and conduct of science, and/or
- have outcomes of interest to a broad range of the user community.
Some of the activities supported may be interdisciplinary in nature. Focus areas for FY 2003 are listed in the Program Description.
What Has Been Funded (Recent Awards Made Through This Program, with Abstracts)
Map of Recent Awards Made Through This Program