Directorate for Engineering
Grants for the Department-Level Reform of Undergraduate Engineering Education
This program has been archived.
Important Information for Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 15-1), is
effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after December 26, 2014. The PAPPG is consistent
with, and, implements the new Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit
Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance) (2 CFR § 200). Please be advised that
the guidelines contained in NSF 15-1 apply to proposals submitted in response to this
The Grants for the Department-Level Reform of Undergraduate Engineering Education solicitation provides an opportunity for institutions to compete for planning and implementation grants to assist departmental and larger units in:
- Engaging faculty in the scholarship of learning and teaching on a department wide basis,
- Developing, implementing, assessing and disseminating comprehensive plans to reformulate, streamline and update engineering degree programs,
- Developing, implementing, assessing department wide transformational change of student learning experiences,
- Incorporating Service Learning opportunities into engineering programs,
- Meeting the emerging workforce and educational needs of U.S. industry, and
- Incorporating methods for integration of research and teaching.
This solicitation is a collaborative effort between the Directorate for Engineering (ENG) and the Directorate for Education and Human Resources (EHR).
THIS PROGRAM IS PART OF
Other activities supported by ECS
World-class activities supported by CMS
What Has Been Funded (Recent Awards Made Through This Program, with Abstracts)
Map of Recent Awards Made Through This Program