Section I. (continued)
SAMPLES FOR RESEARCH
Specimens collected in the Antarctic are available to qualified investigators for study. For information, including the policies and procedures for obtaining samples, contact the facilities listed below. Detailed descriptions of these facilities are available on the "Information for Proposers" page ( http://www.usap.gov/proposalInformation/) on USAP.gov
- Antarctic Marine Geology Research Facility, Florida State University — Ocean-bottom and continental sedimentary cores (http://www.arf.fsu.edu/).
DATA FOR RESEARCH AND DATA CURATION
Detailed descriptions of the following facilities are available on the "Information for Proposers" page (http://www.usap.gov/proposalInformation/) on USAP.gov.
- U.S. Antarctic Data Coordination Center — U.S.-funded Antarctic data for the international Antarctic Master Directory (http://www.usap-data.org/).
- U.S. Antarctic Resource Center (USARC), U.S. Geological Survey — A comprehensive collection of Antarctic maps, charts, satellite images, and photographs (http://usarc.usgs.gov/).
- Polar Geospatial Center, the University of Minnesota — Creates, collects, distributes, and archives geospatial information about the polar regions (http://www.pgc.umn.edu/).
- U.S. Antarctic Program Data Coordination Center — Assist scientists in finding Antarctic scientific data of interest and submitting data for long-term preservation in accordance with their obligations under the National Science Foundation (NSF) Office of Polar Programs (OPP) Data Policy. (http://www.usap-data.org/)
Proposal Preparation Information for download or printing (PDF file, 296 kB)
You must have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® to view PDF files. To obtain a free copy go to the NSF plug-in page (http://www.nsf.gov/help/plugins.jsp) and click the Adobe Reader link.
To request a paper copy contact David Friscic, Office of Polar Programs, (703) 292-8014, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Ice cores are sliced into sections by workers at the West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) Divide field camp. (NSF/USAP photo by Chad Naughton)
Last updated: 22 March 2012