Travel Dynamics International
Travel Dynamics International of New York, New York plans to operate the M/V Orion for 7 cruises to the Antarctic Peninsula during the 2004-2005 season
M/V Orion was built at the Cassens Shipyard in Emden, Germany and conducted her maiden voyage in 2003. The vessel is registered in the Bahamas. She has technologically advanced stabilizers, bow and stern thrusters for easy maneuverability and carries10 heavy duty zodiacs to land in shallow areas and navigate small waterways. She can accommodate 106 passengers, and 74 staff and crew.
ITINERARY: Sites visited may vary depending on weather and ice conditions as well as length of cruise, and may include Penguin Island, Half Moon Island, Aitcho Islands, Almirante Brown Station, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, Errera Channel, Cuverville Island, Whalers Bay, Hannah Point, Brown Bluff, Paulet Island, Elephant Island, Neko Harbor, Melchior Island, Hope Bay, and Palmer Station.
Schedules for each of the cruises follows:
- Depart Ushuaia December 2, 2004, arrive Ushuaia December 11 (in Treaty area December 4 - 8);
- Depart Ushuaia December 11, arrive Ushuaia December 20 (in Treaty area December 13 - 17);
- Depart Ushuaia December 20, arrive Ushuaia December 30 (in Treaty area December 22 - 27);
- Depart Ushuaia December 30, arrive Ushuaia January 9, 2005 (in Treaty area January 2 - 6);
- Depart Ushuaia January 9, arrive Ushuaia January 19 (in Treaty area January 11 - 16);
- Depart Stanley January 21, arrive Ushuaia January 31 (in Treaty area January 24 - 28);
- Depart Ushuaia January 31, arrive Ushuaia February 10 (in Treaty area February 2 - 7).