Elegant Cruises and Tours
Elegant Cruises and Tours of Port Washington, New York plan to operate the M/S Andrea on 7 cruises to the Antarctic during the 2004-2005 season.
The M/S Andrea was built in 1960, refurbished in 2002 and is registered in Liberia. She is 287 feet long and has a 43.5 feet beam and a gross tonnage of 2,620. Her cruising speed is 16 knots and she can accommodate approximately 115 passengers and 48 staff and crew.
ITINERARY: Sites visited may vary depending on weather and ice conditions as well as length of cruise, and may include Penguin Island, Hannah Point, Whalers Bay, Cuverville Island, Neko Harbor, Dorian Bay, Petermann Island, Port Lockroy, Paradise Bay, Lemaire Channel, Melchior Island, Aitcho Islands, Paulet Island, and Brown Bluff.
Schedules for each of the cruises follows:
- Depart Ushuaia December 6, 2004, arrive Ushuaia December 15 (in Treaty area December 8 - 13);
- Depart Ushuaia December 23, arrive Ushuaia January 1, 2005 (in Treaty area December 25 - 30, 2004);
- Depart Ushuaia January 1, 2005, arrive Ushuaia January 10 (in Treaty area January 3 - 8);
- Depart Ushuaia January 10, arrive Ushuaia January 19 (in Treaty area January 12 - 17);
- Depart Ushuaia January 19, arrive Ushuaia January 28 (in Treaty area January 21 - 26);
- Depart Ushuaia January 28, arrive Ushuaia February 6 (in Treaty area January 30 - February 4);
- Depart Ushuaia February 6, arrive Ushuaia February 23 (in Treaty area February 8 - 13).