FUNDING > Information and...
Directorate for Computer & Information Science & Engineering
Information and Intelligent Systems (IIS): Core Programs
In addition to the Program Officers identified as program points of contact above, the following IIS Program Officers also support IIS core programs as indicated below:
Cyber-Human Systems (CHS)
- Kevin Crowston, Room 1125, (703) 292-8930, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony Hornof, Room 1125, (703) 292-8930, email@example.com
- Janet Kolodner, Room 1122, (703) 292-8930, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Integration & Informatics (III)
- Christopher Clifton, Room 1122, (703) 292-8930, email@example.com
- Frank Olken, Room 1122, (703) 292-8930, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robust Intelligence (RI)
- Satyandra K. Gupta, Room 1122, (703) 292-8930, email@example.com
- Todd Leen, Room 1122, (703) 292-8930, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeffrey Trinkle, Room 1125, (703) 292-8930, email@example.com
Important Notice to Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), NSF 13-1, was issued on October 4, 2012 and is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 14, 2013. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 13-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
Please be aware that significant changes have been made to the PAPPG to implement revised merit review criteria based on the National Science Board (NSB) report, National Science Foundation's Merit Review Criteria: Review and Revisions. While the two merit review criteria remain unchanged (Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts), guidance has been provided to clarify and improve the function of the criteria. Changes will affect the project summary and project description sections of proposals. Annual and final reports also will be affected.
Full Proposal Window: October 27, 2014 - November 10, 2014
Full Proposal Window: November 12, 2014 - November 20, 2014
Full Proposal Window: January 2, 2015 - January 14, 2015
January 2 - January 14, Annually Thereafter
Full Proposal Window: September 2, 2015 - September 21, 2015
September 2 - September 19, Annually Thereafter
CISE’s Division of Information and Intelligent Systems (IIS) supports research and education projects that develop new knowledge in three core programs:
- The Cyber-Human Systems (CHS) program;
- The Information Integration and Informatics (III) program; and
- The Robust Intelligence (RI) program.
Proposals in the area of computer graphics and visualization may be submitted to any of the three core programs described above.
Proposers are invited to submit proposals in three project classes, which are defined as follows:
- Small Projects - up to $500,000 total budget with durations up to three years;
- Medium Projects - $500,001 to $1,200,000 total budget with durations up to four years; and
- Large Projects - $1,200,001 to $3,000,000 total budget with durations up to five years.
A more complete description of the three project classes can be found in section II. Program Description of this document.