FUNDING > Computing and...
Division of Computing and Communication Foundations
Computing and Communication Foundations (CCF): Core Programs
In addition to the Program Officers identified as program points of contact above, the following CCF Program Officers also support CCF core programs as indicated below:
Algorithmic Foundations (AF)
- Mitra Basu, (703) 292-8910, email@example.com, Room 1115
- Tracy Kimbrel, (703) 292-7924, firstname.lastname@example.org, Room 1115
- Dmitry Maslov, (703) 292-8910, email@example.com , Room 1115
Communications and Information Foundations (CIF)
- Phillip Regalia, (703) 292-8910, firstname.lastname@example.org, Room 1115
Software and Hardware Foundations (SHF)
- Anindya Banerjee, (703) 292-7885, email@example.com, Room 1160
- Sankar Basu, (703) 292-8910, firstname.lastname@example.org, Room 1115
- Almadena Chtchelkanova, (703) 292-8910, email@example.com, Room 1115
- Sol Greenspan, (703) 292-8910, firstname.lastname@example.org, Room 1115
- Hong Jiang, (703) 292-8910, email@example.com, Room 1115
Important Notice to Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), NSF 13-1, was issued on October 4, 2012 and is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 14, 2013. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 13-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
Please be aware that significant changes have been made to the PAPPG to implement revised merit review criteria based on the National Science Board (NSB) report, National Science Foundation's Merit Review Criteria: Review and Revisions. While the two merit review criteria remain unchanged (Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts), guidance has been provided to clarify and improve the function of the criteria. Changes will affect the project summary and project description sections of proposals. Annual and final reports also will be affected.
Full Proposal Window: October 27, 2014 - November 10, 2014
Full Proposal Window: November 12, 2014 - November 20, 2014
Full Proposal Window: January 2, 2015 - January 14, 2015
January 2 - January 14, Annually Thereafter
Full Proposal Window: September 2, 2015 - September 21, 2015
September 2 - September 19, Annually Thereafter
CISE’s Division of Computing and Communication Foundations (CCF) supports research and education projects that develop new knowledge in three core programs:
- The Algorithmic Foundations (AF) program;
- The Communications and Information Foundations (CIF) program; and
- The Software and Hardware Foundations (SHF) program.
Proposers are invited to submit proposals in three project classes, which are defined as follows:
- Small Projects - up to $500,000 total budget with durations up to three years;
- Medium Projects - $500,001 to $1,200,000 total budget with durations up to four years; and
- Large Projects - $1,200,001 to $3,000,000 total budget with durations up to five years.
A more complete description of the three project classes can be found in section II. Program Description of this document.