NSF welcomes thousands of visitors a year. Should you need information not provided here, please contact our Visitor and Reception Center, either by phone at 703-292-5111, or by email, at email@example.com.
The National Science Foundation's street address is 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22230. NSF is located in the Ballston area of North Arlington, Virginia, between Wilson Boulevard and Fairfax Drive, one block south of the Ballston-Marymount University Metro stop on the Orange Line. The building's main entrance is located at the corner of 9th and Stuart Streets.
Parking is available in the Ballston Common mall, in the NSF building, and at other area parking lots and garages. Metered parking is also available on the surrounding streets.
Visitors must check in at the Visitor and Reception Center on the first floor to receive a visitor pass before entering NSF facilities. Visitors bringing computers into NSF should consult the NSF Computer Security Policy before arriving. NSF asks that visitors with special needs request necessary accommodations in advance of their arrival.
DIRECTIONS to NSF
The National Science Foundation is located just blocks from Route 66 and Route 50, approximately three miles from downtown Washington, DC, and is easily accessible from many points of arrival and departure from within the metropolitan DC area.
TRANSPORTATION TO NSF
There are a number of transportation options available to NSF visitors. Select a transportation option below for more information.
- Metro Rail - NSF is located one block south of the Ballston-Marymount University stop on Metro's Orange Line.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) - Washington National Airport (DCA) is the closest airport to NSF and serves more than 400 flights daily. Many area hotels provide free transportation to and from National Airport.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) - Dulles International Airport has no direct train service. To connect to Metro, take the Washington Flyer Express bus to the West Falls Church metro station.
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI) - Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is located just outside of Baltimore, and is approximately 50 minutes from Arlington by car.
- Union Station, D.C. (Amtrak) - Union Station is served by Metro (the Red Line). NSF visitors coming from Union Station should take the Red Line to Metro Center, transfer to the Orange Line, and get off at Ballston-Marymount University.
FEDERAL TRAVEL LINKS
For information concerning federal travel, including current domestic per diem rates, Airfare, Federal Ttravel Regulation (FTR), or state tax exemption forms, visit www.gsa.gov or www.fedtraveler.com. For foreign per diem rates, visit www.state.gov.
Visitors to the NSF building will find shopping and food facilities numerous and accessible, including those at the Ballston Common Mall, and in the NSF building itself. NSF has a small cafeteria, CyberFare, on the second floor, adjacent to the Southside elevator hallway.