Nominations for National Science Board Member Appointments are Now being Accepted!
National Science Board
July 7, 2011
The National Science Board is accepting nominations for the class of 2012 – 2018. Nominations will be open through August 12, 2011.
All nominations received, will be given full consideration.
The National Science Board (NSB) is responsible for assembling, and transmitting to the White House, recommendations for
appointment of new NSB Members. In its review of candidates, the Board applies the statutory eligibility requirements
and also considers demographics, balance among professional fields, active researchers, teachers and administrators, and private for-profit and non-profit
Specifically, the following attributes are particularly important and should be addressed in the letter of recommendation:
- Record of distinguished service and potential for further contribution in the line of service.
- Credibility in the scientific, technological, engineering, industrial, public sector, and educational communities. To include:
- outstanding scientific, technological, engineering, or public activity credentials
- recognized intellectual contributions (i.e., patents, scholarship)
- breadth, depth, and understanding of scientific knowledge, and contributions thereto
- scientific, technological, engineering, industrial, educational, and administrative accomplishments
- Demonstrated leadership in their field.
Nominations are submitted electronically, via a web-based portal. Three documents comprise the nomination packet—1) a letter of recommendation, which should
address the attributes that make the nominee a strong candidate; 2) the nominee’s biography; and 3) the nominee’s CV.
The NSB Nominations System is available here: www.research.gov/NSB/Nomination
(Note: You do not need to log in)
To begin nominating a candidate:
- Access nomination form here
- Follow the instructions to complete the form and upload the three documents.
- You will receive a follow-up email from the system, confirming your successful submission
For more information about the National Science Board and the nomination process, please visit:
We do hope that you will consider nominating a distinguished candidate. Thank you for your participation.
|Ray M. Bowen
National Science Board
||Kelvin K. Droegemeier
ad hoc Committee on Nominations for the NSB Class of 2012 - 2018