- Data include graduates who earned degrees in the 2 academic years preceding survey year 1999 and the 2 academic years preceding survey year 2008.
- S&E = science and engineering.
- Physical sciences = chemistry, physics, astronomy, and earth/ocean/atmospheric sciences.
S&E graduates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or physical sciences are less likely to have attended community college than are graduates in other science fields.
- The percentage of bachelor’s and master’s graduates in engineering and physical sciences who previously had attended community college was the same among those who earned their degree in academic years 1997 and 1998 and those who earned their degree in academic years 2006 and 2007.
- Community college attendance increased over time among graduates in the other science fields.