- Academic Institution Profiles
- This interactive website provides access to selected data on the number of earned doctorates, number of graduate students and postdoctorates in science and engineering, total federal obligations, and total R&D expenditures by individual U.S. academic institutions. Academic Institution Profiles also includes rankings of institutions by four selected variables. Data come from four NCSES surveys: the Higher Education R&D Survey; the Survey of Earned Doctorates; the Survey of Federal Science and Engineering Support to Universities, Colleges and Nonprofit Institutions; and the Survey of Graduate Students and Postdoctorates in Science and Engineering. Data cover the most recent 10 years and are available for download.
- Characteristics of Scientists and Engineers with U.S. Doctorates
- This series examines trends in U.S. employment and related labor information for persons holding doctoral degrees in science and engineering. Information is available on demographic and employment characteristics of the nation's doctoral scientists and engineers.
- S&E Degrees
- This series provides information on the number and types of bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees awarded by U.S. institutions. It also provides information on the characteristics of the degree recipients.
- S&E Degrees, By Race/Ethnicity of Recipients
- This series provides time series information on the number of bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees awarded by U.S. institutions, by major field of degree and by race/ethnicity and sex of degree recipient.
- S&E Doctorate Awards
- This series presents data and trends on doctorates awarded in science and engineering. Information is also available on characteristics of doctorate recipients, institutions awarding doctorates, and postgraduation plans of doctorate recipients.
- Science and Engineering Indicators
- This biennial report to Congress provides a broad base of quantitative information about U.S. science, engineering, and technology.
- Science and Technology Pocket Data Book
- This series provides a reference to selected data series of the Science and Engineering Indicators report. It provides both charts and tables, and complements past Science and Engineering Indicators reports.
- SESTAT: Characteristics of Scientists and Engineers in the United States
- Tabular data, generated from the SESTAT data system, provides a profile the U.S. science and engineering (S&E) workforce. The tabulations include characteristics of all U.S. scientists and engineers, employed scientists and engineers, and salaries information for scientists and engineers. Data are presented by degree field and occupation, and by characteristics such as sex, race, ethnicity, age and citizenship. Learn about the redesign of SESTAT.
- Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities in S&E
- This series presents trends in the participation of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities in science and engineering fields. Topics include higher-education enrollments, degrees, institutions, and financial support and employment status, occupations, sectors, and salaries.
Can't find what you're looking for? Search NCSES or Browse the Publication IndexLast Updated: July 21, 2014