- Academic R&D Expenditures
- This series reviews trends in research and development expenditures within academia and federally funded R&D centers in the United States and outlying areas.
NOTE: The Survey of Research and Development Expenditures at Universities and Colleges collected data for 1972–2009. For current data see the Higher Education Research and Development (HERD) series.
- Federal Funds for R&D
- This series reviews current and historical trends in Federal obligations and funding for research and development in science and engineering.
- Higher Education Research and Development (HERD)
- This series provides current and historical trends on the amounts and types of research and development activities at U.S. colleges and universities. Beginning with 2010, data are collected using the Higher Education R&D (HERD) Survey, successor to the Survey of R&D Expenditures at Universities and Colleges.
NOTE: Tables from previous years can be found in the Academic R&D Expenditures series.
- National Patterns of R&D Resources
- This series presents trend data on the overall research and development effort in the United States. Information includes R&D expenditures by sector of performance, source of funds, character of R&D work, R&D-to-GDP ratios, and international comparisons.
- R&D Expenditures at Federally Funded R&D Centers
- This publication series includes current and historical trends in research and development expenditures at federally funded research and development centers (FFRDCs). Previous year tables can be found in the Academic R&D Expenditures reports series at http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/rdexpenditures/.
For data on Federal research and development obligations and funding to FFRDCs see the Federal Funds for R&D report series at http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/fedfunds/. The most recent Master Government List of FFRDCs can be found at http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/ffrdclist/.
Federal Government: Expenditures
Can't find what you're looking for? Search NCSES or Browse the Publication IndexLast Updated: July 21, 2014