- Cover and Recommended Citation (1,274K)
- National Science Board Roster, Letter of Transmittal, Acknowledgments (832K)
- Table of Contents (443K)
- Overview (574K)
1. Elementary and Secondary Education (830K)
Status of data updates
2. Higher Education in Science and Engineering (771K)
3. Science and Engineering Workforce (1,461K)
4. U.S. and International Research and Development: Funds and Alliances (1,366K)
5. Academic Research and Development (1,292K)
6. Industry, Technology, and the Global Marketplace (706K)
7. Science and Technology: Public Attitudes and Public Understanding (1,535K)
8. Significance of Information Technology (1,144K)
- Appendix A. Contributors and Reviewers (412K)
- Appendix B. Index (477K)
Download all of Volume 1, Science and Engineering Indicators2002 (13, 072K).
Volume 2: Appendix Tables
These tables can be viewed individually, or downloaded as a group. Follow the Chapter links below for a complete list of tables and viewing options.
Download all of Volume 2, Science and Engineering Indicators2002 (4,382K).