The revisions below were made after Science and Engineering Indicators 2008 was printed.
In Volume 1:
- Figure 2-40 The legend label "Physical/biological/agricultural sciences" should be "Physical/biological sciences"
- Table 3-20 The data included for Higher education institutions for GSS was not correct and has been revised.
- Chapter 6, section U.S. Trade Balance in Technology Products, subsection Importance of Advanced Technology Products to U.S. Trade: the first figure referenced in the section was corrected to "figure 6-19."
- Figure 7-8 Bar colors were corrected for Malaysia (question: The center of the Earth is very hot.), and for the U.S. (question: The universe began with a huge explosion.).
- Table 8-22 and Findings In the table, the 1996 and 2001 United States totals for "State expenditures on student aid" and "State expenditures on student aid per undergraduate" included Puerto Rico, but should not have. The U.S. totals and averages have been revised to be the sum of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. In the second bullet of the Findings section, "$427 in 1996" was changed to "$423 in 1996."
- Table 8-38 and Findings The U.S. totals for "Academic R&D" were corrected to be the sum of the 50 states and the District of Columbia. "Academic articles/$1 million academic R&D" were also updated. In the second bullet of the Findings section, the average publications per $1 million of academic R&D changed to 3.7 for 2005, and 6.7 for 1995.
In Volume 2
- Appendix tables 6-34 and 6-35 The second sentence of the Notes was corrected to "States ranked by combined 2000–05 share of U.S. patents issued to United States."