Pay Rates for Experts and Consultants
Maximum Rates of Pay for Consultants and Experts at the National Science Foundation (NSF) for CY 2016
Administrative (Title 5) Experts and Consultants - EE pay plan
- Since expert and consultant pay under 5 CFR 304.105 is limited to the equivalent annual basic pay of GS-15/10 (currently $133,444), the daily cap is set at $512.00. Total adjusted pay is set at $512 since Experts and Consultants under Title 5 are not entitled to locality pay.
NSF Act Experts and Consultants (non-executive level) - EE pay plan
- Since expert and consultant pay under the NSF Act cannot exceed the equivalent annual rate for the AD-4 cap (currently $169,686), the daily cap is set at $647.
NSF Act Experts and Consultants (executive level) - EG pay plan
- Maximum daily rate is $653 per day.
- This is based on the annual rate for Executive Level III, which is currently $170,400.
NSB Members and Consultants - EH pay plan
- Since NSB Members are subject to Presidential appointment and Senate confirmation, NSF has determined that they should be subject to the same provisions as Executive Schedule employees. That means that they are not eligible for locality pay. NSB consultants serving before or after their appointments as NSB members also do not receive locality pay. Their basic pay rate is the daily equivalent of Executive Schedule II (currently $709)