Making Imagination RealEngineers excel at Making Imagination Real, bridging the gap between what the mind can imagine and what the laws of nature allow. While scientists seek to discover what is not yet known, engineers apply fundamental science to design and develop new devices and engineered systems to solve societal problems. Learn more and view the special presentation.
- Nanotechnology Engineering and Science. Part of the National Technology Initiative (NNI).
- Information Technology Research (ITR). Funds several important national priorities.
- Cyberinfrastructure. Investments that support engineering and research.
- Human and Social Dynamics (HDS). Fosters knowledge in human interaction and development.
- Sensors and Sensor Networks. Advanced sensor development.
- Network for Earthquake Simulation.(NEES). Model based earthquake simulation.
- ERC Achievements Showcase
- Workshop Reports from NSF sponsored workshops.
- Special Reports and General Announcements.
- Lecture Events - NSF/ENG distinguished and research highlight series lecture events. Previous speakers.
- ENG Job Opportunities - positions available within the Directorate for Engineering.
- World Trade Center Activities
- Resources for NSF Staff