(Interim Progress Reports are used for reporting progress typically at the 6, 12, and 18 month performance periods). Note: If you receive a Phase IIB supplement, you are required to provide progress reports, typically at six-month intervals until the grant ends. Phase II progress reports must be submitted through Research.gov.
1. COVER PAGE:
The report cover page is filled out and signed by the PI and the Authorized Company Representative. Once the cover page is filled out and signed, you MUST attach it as part of the interim report, using the following steps:
- Make sure you have Adobe Reader.
- Download the Cover Page Document.
- Fill out and print the form.
- Physically sign the Cover Page in the signature field.
- Scan the Cover Page as a PDF file.
- Upload this PDF into Research.gov as described below.
2. PROJECT MILESTONE CHART (Milestone Information Template):
The template is available as a Word document - Each progress report must contain updated Project Milestone Information. This chart should follow the format used in the Phase II proposal document. This section should reflect the cumulative effort and expenditures. The following are required:
- Details on the level of effort (in person-months) by the PI, key personnel, and consultants and/or subawardees during the interim reporting period.
- Level of spending (in dollars) by budget category (per the Phase II proposal milestone chart categories) for each completed project period.
3. TECHNICAL REPORT:
- Details about progress and percentage completion of milestones during the interim reporting period. (Include a brief description of each task worked on during the reporting period.)
- Problems encountered during the interim reporting period. (If NONE, so state.)
- Status of commercialization activities during the interim reporting period. (If NONE, so state.)
4. RESEARCH.GOV INFORMATION/SUBMISSION:
- Use your FastLane UserID and password to log into Research.gov
- On the Project Reporting Dashboard, select “Annual, Final, and Interim Report” to navigate to the “All Awards” tab. Navigate to the appropriate award.
- Once on the award screen, click on “Create IPR” in the upper right hand corner under “Available Actions”
- Complete the “Cover” information.
- Complete the “Products” and “Participants” tabs.
This structured information is vital, and it should be completed via the HTML questions and check boxes (regardless of whether or not it is present in a supplementary PDF!!)
- (Optional) Complete the “Accomplishments”, “Impact”, “Changes/Problems”, and “Special Requirements” tabs with information or use the check boxes to indicate that there is “Nothing to Report”.
- Upload the COVER PAGE PDF as a supplementary document in the “Special Requirements” section under “Supporting Files”. If "Special Requirements" tab is not visible, please upload the COVER PAGE PDF under the "Accomplishments" tab.
- Uploaded the PROJECT MILESTONE CHART PDF as a supplementary document in the “Special Requirements” section under “Supporting Files”.
- Upload the TECHNICAL REPORT PDF as a “Supporting Files” in the “Accomplishments” section.
5. An email must be sent to the Program Director informing them that a report has been submitted via Research.gov.
Progress reports provide information which justifies progress payments. Inadequate content, format, or time expenditure details will delay approval of interim progress payments. Under the standard payment schedule for Phase II grants (typically 24-months), one report is required within one month after the end of each respective progress period.