NSF Webinar: Revisions to the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG)
Revisions affect proposals submitted or due on or after January 14, 2013
November 19, 2012 2:00 PM
November 19, 2012 3:30 PM
1. Go to the Webinar Registration Page2. Register for the meeting. Once the host approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the meeting.
A new version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 13-1) was issued on October 2, 2012. It will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 14, 2013. The PAPPG is comprised of documents relating to the Foundation's proposal and award process and consists of the:
(a) Grant Proposal Guide (GPG) for guidance on the preparation and submission of proposals to NSF; and
(b) Award & Administration Guide (AAG) to guide, manage, and monitor the award and administration of grants and cooperative agreements made by the Foundation.
Significant Changes Include:
- Revisions to the NSF Merit Review Criteria which implement the National Science Board's (NSB) recommendations. Changes will affect the project summary and project description sections of proposals. Annual and final reports also will be affected;
- Revision of the Biographical Sketch(es) instructions to rename the "Publications" section to "Products" and amend terminology and instructions accordingly;
- Clarification on indirect costs specifying that, except as noted in the PAPPG or a program solicitation, organizations must use the applicable negotiated indirect cost rate;
- Modification of Facilities, Equipment and Other Resources section of proposals to assist proposers in complying with the NSF cost sharing policy;
- Additional proposal certifications must be submitted by the Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) covering organizational support of the proposed research, tax obligations/liability and felony convictions; and
- Numerous other clarifications also have been made throughout the document.
Policy Office, (703) 292-8243, email: email@example.com
Preferred Contact Method: Email
NSF Related Organizations
Office of Budget Finance and Award Management
Division of Institution and Award Support