S-STEM 2017 "Flipped" Webinars
Presentations and Q&A Sessions
February 14, 2017 12:00 AM
February 21, 2017 12:00 AM
NSF Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
This page describes pre-recorded and live webinar presentations by NSF Program Officers about the S-STEM solicitation 17-527. The goal of these resources is to communicate features of the program and provide an opportunity for Program Officers to respond to questions.
In November of 2016, S-STEM solicitation 17-527 was released. Proposals for this solicitation are due on March 29, 2017. A series of narrated powerpoint presentations are provided below and the dates/times of several "live" question and answer sessions going over these powerpoints are listed below with connection information. Thus, these materials are designed to function in a manner similar to a "flipped classroom".
S-STEM solicitation 15-585 released in June of 2015 was substantially different than previous S-STEM solicitations. S-STEM solicitations 17-527 and 16-540 provided minor clarifications to solicitation 15-585. Thus, the recorded materials from 2015 and 2016 are posted here as the vast majority of this material is still relevant. They will be replaced by more current recordings as they become available.
Additional information is available on the NSF S-STEM program page.
2017 Narrated Powerpoint Presentations
Seven short presentations with narration on S-STEM are available as attachments at the bottom of this page. Viewing all 7 presentations requires approximately an hour.
- Overview of the New Program – S-STEM_Powerpoint1
- Track 1: S-STEM Institutional Capacity Building – S-STEM_Powerpoint2
- Track 2: Single Institution – S-STEM_Powerpoint3
- Track 3: Multi-Institution – S-STEM_Powerpoint4
- Proposal Content Info for New PIs – S-STEM_Powerpoint5
- Project Description Contents – S-STEM_Powerpoint6
- Merit Review Criteria – S-STEM_Powerpoint7
2017 Live Q & A Sessions
Note that you will use your computer to receive video and audio for these sessions. You will send questions via the chat window.
- Thursday, March 2, 4 pm ET (https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/k2/j.php?MTID=tfca78e09ab99b67ec59fee95b860a242
; Session Number: 744 729 943; Session Password: Sstem2017! )
- Friday, March 3, 1 pm ET (https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/k2/j.php?MTID=t965563a7d1991d29de52db93c9904a89
; Session Number: 746 988 668; Session password: Sstem2017! )
- Monday, March 6, 4 pm ET (https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/k2/j.php?MTID=t583639f4362cf1bb07f9fe50eba57826
; Session number: 749 271 170; Session password: Sstem2017! )
2016 & 2015 Narrated Powerpoint Presentations & Question and Answer Sessions
Webinars on solicitation 16-540 were held on March 3, 2016 and on March 18, 2016. The webinars lasted about 1 hour and consisted of a short powerpoint presentation followed by a Q & A session.
- Narrated Powerpoint (.pptx used in both 2016 webinars) -- PI_Webinar_March2016
- Q & A session from the March 3 Webinar (.mp4) - PI_Webinar_Q&A_March2016
- Q & A session from the March 18 Webinar (.mp4) - Q&A_March18
Three different "Flipped Webinars" were held during the month of July, 2015. Archived information for the webinar of July 21, 2015 is provided below.
- Webinar Video -- Webinar Video (.mp4)
- Webinar Video with Closed Captioning (link to video)
- PowerPoint Presentation used in the Webinar - Webinar PowerPoint
- Transcripts of the Webinar -- Webinar Transcript (.docx), Webinar Transcript (.pdf)
- Go to https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/mc
- On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
NSF Related Organizations
Division of Undergraduate Education
Webinar Video (.mp4)
Webinar Transcript (.docx)
Webinar Transcript (.pdf)