Understanding Diversity in STEM: WMPD Day
Recognizing and celebrating women, minorities and persons with disabilities in STEM.
May 12, 2021 11:00 AM
May 12, 2021 11:45 AM
Please join the National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics along with leaders and pioneers in the U.S. STEM community for an engaging webinar on May 12 at 11 a.m. EDT.
The event will celebrate the stories of women, minorities and persons with disabilities in STEM who are making a difference in our communities and around the world. Centered on the 2021 Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities in Science and Engineering report, the event will feature perspectives and insights from the following speakers and more:
- Emilda Rivers, National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics Director
- Ellen Ochoa, National Science Board Chair
- Cora Marrett, Former National Science Foundation Deputy Director
- Marcia McNutt, National Academy of Sciences President
- Iris Wagstaff, AAAS STEM Program Director
- Sethuraman Panchanathan, National Science Foundation Director
- Arthur Lupia, National Science Foundation Assistant Director
Come learn about the organizations working to create opportunity and empower the next generation of scientists and engineers.
- Registration is required. See webinar registration page.
- Real-time captions will be available during the meeting. See webinar captions page.
- For reasonable accommodations requests, please contact Crystal Coleman.
Crystal Coleman, email: email@example.com
NSF Related Organizations
Directorate for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences
SBE Office of Multidisciplinary Activities
Division of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences
Division of Social and Economic Sciences