This program has been archived.
Marine Geology and Geophysics
|Candace O. Majorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-7597||725.03|
|Barbara Ransomemail@example.com||(703) 292-7792||725.25|
|Deborah K. Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-7978||725.15|
|Maurice Tiveyemail@example.com||(703) 292-7710||725.49|
|Andrea Portierfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8474|
Important Information for Proposers
ATTENTION: Proposers using the Collaborators and Other Affiliations template for more than 10 senior project personnel will encounter proposal print preview issues. Please see the Collaborators and Other Affiliations Information website for updated guidance.
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 18-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 29, 2018. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 18-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
The Marine Geology and Geophysics program supports research on all aspects of geology and geophysics of the ocean basins and margins, as well as the Great Lakes.
The Program includes:
- Structure, tectonic evolution and volcanic activity of the ocean basins, the continental margins, the mid-ocean ridges, and island arc systems
- Processes controlling exchange of heat and chemical species between seawater and ocean rocks
- Genesis, chemistry, and mineralogic evolution of marine sediments
- Processes controlling deposition, erosion and transport of marine sediments
- Past ocean circulation patterns and climates and
- Interactions of continental and marine geologic processes