This program has been archived.
Office of Polar Programs
|Paul M. Cutleremail@example.com||(703) 292-4961||W7217|
21-567 Program Solicitation
Important Information for Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 22-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after October 4, 2021. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 22-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
The Antarctic Glaciology Program(AG) program supports field, laboratory, remote sensing and modeling projects to understand the history and dynamics of the Antarctic ice sheets and ice shelves. Work on previously collected data and ice-core samples is encouraged. Proposers should investigate the utility of existing samples available from individual researchers and repositories such as the National Ice Core Laboratory (NICL) and the Antarctic and Arctic Data Consortium (A2DC).
Emphasis areas include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing newly drilled or existing Antarctic ice-cores to advance knowledge of global environmental change;
- Using ground-based measurements, remotely sensed data, and numerical modeling of ice sheets, glaciers, and ice streams to advance understanding of ice-sheet dynamics and subglacial hydrology;
- Studying the evolution of glacial activity over the last few million years, as preserved in land-based sediments and exposed in outcrops;
- Organizing planning activities for future ice-core drilling programs.
- U.S. Antarctic Program Data Center
- Antarctic Glaciological Data Center (National Snow and Ice Data Center)
- Ice Drilling Program Office and Ice Drilling Design and Operations (IDPO-IDDO)
- NSF Ice Core Facility (formerly National Ice Core Lab, at U.S. Geological Survey, Denver)
- WAISCORES data (Antarctic Glaciological Data Center, National Snow and Ice Data Center)
- U.S. International Trans-Antarctic Scientific Expedition (ITASE)
- West Antarctic Ice Sheet Divide Ice Core
- South Pole Ice Core (SPICEcore)
- Thwaites Glacier program
What Has Been Funded (Recent Awards Made Through This Program, with Abstracts)
Map of Recent Awards Made Through This Program