This program has been archived.
EAR Education and Human Resources (EH) Crosscutting Programs
|Aisha R. Morris||GEO/RISE||Jennifer Wenner||GEO/EAR|
The Division of Earth Sciences' Education and Human Resources Program (E&HR) facilitates activities that engage a wide range of audiences in Earth Sciences research efforts, which are:
1) Research Experiences for Undergraduates and Teachers: This program provides funding to Universities and Marine Laboratories that allows them to offer summer internships to undergraduate students who would like to participate in earth sciences related research efforts.
2) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER): This program supports pre-tenure researchers who would like to combine their research efforts with excellent educational programs.
3) EAR Postdoctoral Fellowships: The Division of Earth Sciences (EAR) awards 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowships to highly qualified investigators within 3 years of obtaining their PhD to carry out an integrated program of independent research and education.
Efforts to support recuritment of minorities to Earth sciences are also supported through EAR Education & Human Resources and Geo Diversity (OEDG). The Education & Human Resources program is the point of contact for anyone interested in submitting Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) and Research Experience for Undergraduate (REU) supplement requests. RET and REU supplements are funded through the EAR sciences programs and have no application deadlines.
- Geobiology and Low-Temperature Geochemistry (GG)
- Geomorphology and Land-use Dynamics (GLD)
- Hydrologic Sciences (HS)
- Petrology and Geochemistry
- Sedimentary Geology and Paleobiology
- NSF Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowships
- GEO Education Program
- Dear Colleague Letter on RET supplements