This program has been archived.
Information and Intelligent Systems (IIS): Core Programs
|William S. Bainbridgeemail@example.com||(703) 292-8930|
|James Donlonfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8930|
|Ephraim P. Glinertemail@example.com||(703) 292-8930|
|Tatiana Korelskyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8930|
|Sylvia Spengleremail@example.com||(703) 292-8930|
|Kenneth Whangfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8930|
|Jie Yangemail@example.com||(703) 292-8930|
|Maria Zemankovafirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8930|
In addition to the Program Officers identified as program points of contact above, the following IIS Program Officers also support IIS core programs as indicated below:
Cyber-Human Systems (CHS)
Information Integration and Informatics (III)
Robust Intelligence (RI)
PROGRAM GUIDELINESSolicitation 18-570
Important Information for Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 22-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after October 4, 2021. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 22-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
CISE’s Division of Information and Intelligent Systems (IIS) supports research and education projects that develop new knowledge in three core programs:
- The Cyber-Human Systems (CHS) program;
- The Information Integration and Informatics (III) program; and
- The Robust Intelligence (RI) program.
Proposals in the area of computer graphics and visualization may be submitted to any of the three core programs described above.
Proposers are invited to submit proposals in three project classes, which are defined as follows:
- Small Projects - up to $500,000 total budget with durations up to three years;
- Medium Projects - $500,001 to $1,200,000 total budget with durations up to four years; and
- Large Projects - $1,200,001 to $3,000,000 total budget with durations up to five years.
A more complete description of the three project classes can be found in Section II. Program Description of this document.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for CISE Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) Pilot
- Special Guidelines for Submitting Collaborative Proposals under NSF and US-Israel Binational Science Foundation Collaborative Research Opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Large Proposals to the CISE IIS Core Programs of Cyber-Human Systems (CHS), Information Integration and Informatics (III), and Robust Intelligence (RI)
What Has Been Funded (Recent Awards Made Through This Program, with Abstracts)