This program has been archived.
Division of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences
|Rebecca Ferrellfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-7850|
|Angelica T. Breweremail@example.com||(703) 292-4636|
PROGRAM GUIDELINESPD 98-1392
Important Information for Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 22-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after October 4, 2021. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 22-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
The Biological Anthropology Program supports basic research in areas related to human evolution and contemporary human biological variation. Research areas supported by the program include, but are not limited to, human genetic variation, human and nonhuman primate ecology and adaptability, human osteology and bone biology, human and nonhuman primate paleontology, functional anatomy, and primate socioecology. Grants supported in these areas are united by an underlying evolutionary framework, and often by a consideration of adaptation as a central theoretical theme. Proposals may also have a biocultural or bioarchaeological orientation. The program frequently serves as a bridge within NSF between the social and behavioral sciences and the natural and physical sciences, and proposals commonly are jointly reviewed and funded with other programs.
For more information about Multidisciplinary Research and Training Opportunities, please visit the SBE Office of Multidisciplinary Activities web site.
For additional, specific information on the Biological Anthropology Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants (DDRIGs) solicitation, please visit the Biological Anthropology DDRIG program web site.
- Biological Anthropology Program - Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants
- High-Risk Research in Biological Anthropology and Archaeology
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- SBE Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Faculty Early Career Development Program
- Mid-Career Advancement
- ADVANCE: Organizational Change for Gender Equity in STEM Academic Professions
- Build and Broaden: Enhancing Social, Behavioral and Economic Science Research and Capacity at Minority-Serving Institutions
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- Facilitating Research at Primarily Undergraduate Institutions:
- Major Research Instrumentation Program
- Archaeology and Archaeometry
- Archaeology Program - Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants
- Cultural Anthropology
- Cultural Anthropology Program - Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants
- Human Networks and Data Science
- Dear Colleague Letter: Non-Academic Research Internships for Graduate Students (INTERN) Supplemental Funding Opportunity (NSF 21-013)
- Dear Colleague Letter: A Broader Impacts Framework for Proposals Submitted to NSF's Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences Directorate (NSF 21-059)
- NSF programs to stop accepting proposals via FastLane website
What Has Been Funded (Recent Awards Made Through This Program, with Abstracts)
Map of Recent Awards Made Through This Program