Directorate for Engineering
Grants for the Department-Level Reform of Undergraduate Engineering Education (DLR)
|Gary A. Gabrieleemail@example.com||(703) 292-5346||585 N|
|Susan C. Kemnitzerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-5347||585 N|
|Glenn L. Schraderemail@example.com||(703) 292-8371||525 N|
|Cynthia J. Eksteinfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-7941||565 S|
|Richard J. Fragaszyemail@example.com||(703) 292-8360||545 S|
|Gregg Solomonfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-8333||855 S|
Important Information for Proposers
ATTENTION: Proposers using the Collaborators and Other Affiliations template for more than 10 senior project personnel will encounter proposal print preview issues. Please see the Collaborators and Other Affiliations Information website for updated guidance.
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 17-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 30, 2017. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 17-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
The Grants for the Department-Level Reform of Undergraduate Engineering Education solicitation provides an opportunity for institutions to compete for planning and implementation grants to assist departmental and larger units in:
- Engaging faculty in the scholarship of learning and teaching on a department wide basis,
- Developing, implementing, assessing and disseminating comprehensive plans to reformulate, streamline and update engineering degree programs,
- Developing, implementing, assessing department wide transformational change of student learning experiences,
- Incorporating Service Learning opportunities into engineering programs,
- Meeting the emerging workforce and educational needs of U.S. industry, and
- Incorporating methods for integration of research and teaching.
This solicitation is a collaborative effort between the Directorate for Engineering (ENG) and the Directorate for Education and Human Resources (EHR).