Critical Zone Observatories Program: Additional Information
Links to Additional Resources
Additional initiatives and recommendations regarding critical zone process research may be found in a variety of locations, including organizations with National Science Foundation support. Findings, recommendations and reports from these organizations may prove useful for proposal planning with information germane to critical zone processes and environmental observatories. A listing of some of these reports of community workshops/plans follows:
- Banwart, Steven, 2012, Design of Global Environmental Gradient Experiments using International Networks of Critical Zone Observatories, International Critical Zone Observatory Joint Workshop, 9th-11th November 2011, EC SoilTrEC Project and NSF Critical Zone Observatory Programme, 33 pp.
- National Research Council, 2012, New Research Opportunities in the Earth Sciences, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C. 118 pp.
- National Research Council, 2012, Challenges and Opportunities in the Hydrologic Sciences, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C. 162 pp.
- National Research Council, 2010, Landscapes on the Edge: New Horizons for Research on the Earth’s Surface, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C. 164 pp.
- NSF Critical Zone Observatory Program: Panel Report, April 4, 2011
- NSF Advisory Committee for Geosciences, 2009, Geo Vision: Unraveling Earth’s complexities through the Geosciences, Washington, D.C., 44 pp
- Freeman, Katherine and Goldhaber, Martin, 2011, Future Directions in Geobiology and Low-Temperature Geochemistry, A report based on presentations and discussions by participants of the Future Directions in Geobiology and Low-Temperature Geochemistry Workshop, 27-28 August 2010, 20 pp.
- Brantley, Susan, and 26 others, 2011, Twelve
testable hypotheses on the geobiology of weathering. Geobiology,
Vol. 9, pp. 140-165. Results of workshop on the Biological Aspects
of Weathering; Oct. 3-5, 2009
- Frontiers in Exploration of the Critical Zone
- Hydrologic Observatory Network
- the Neuse River report
- the Logan Report
- Toward an Integrated Arctic Observing Network
- Hydrologic Information Systems interim report
- workshop and committee reports of the National Ecological Observatory Network
- Sensors for Environmental Observatories
- Global Water Security
- Grand challenges in Geodynamics
- Ecosystems Service: charting a path to sustainability
- Disaster Resilience: A National Imperative
research for Sustainability