DISCOVERIES > All Discoveries
- Scientists Tackle Climate Model Mystery
- Researchers trace a problem with a key climate model to its hydrology scheme and find a simpler scheme keeps simulations in line with real-world observations
- Released Fri Jun 19 00:00:00 EDT 2009
- Getting to the Core of Climate Change
- Graduate student tells how University at Buffalo geologists communicate their research on climatic change and its impact to local people
- Released Fri Oct 26 00:00:00 EDT 2007
- Arctic Carbon a Potential Wild Card in Climate Change Scenarios
- An international team of scientists has determined that most of the 28 million tons of carbon that enters the Arctic Ocean each year is young and unlikely to affect the global climate balance. However, Arctic warming trends could change the equation.
- Released Fri Jul 30 00:00:00 EDT 2004
- Arctic Thaw May Release Greenhouse Gases from Siberian Peat Bogs
- Siberian peat bogs, the frozen home of untold kilometers of moss and hordes of mosquitoes, are huge repositories for gases that are thought to play an important role in the Earth's climate balance, according to a team of U.S. and Russian scientists.
- Released Tue Jul 27 00:00:00 EDT 2004
Showing 1-4 of 4