Important STS Announcement
September 6, 2017
The STS program draws from a variety of disciplines: anthropology, communication studies, history, philosophy, political science, and sociology to address the broad spectrum of STS research areas, topics, and approaches. Within this tradition, the STS program supports the NSF mission by welcoming proposals that provide an STS approach to NSF research-focused Big Ideas.
- Harnessing the Data Revolution for 21st Century Science and Engineering
- Navigating the New Arctic
- The Quantum Leap: Leading the Next Quantum Revolution
- Work at the Human-Technology Frontier: Shaping the Future
- Understanding the Rules of Life: Predicting Phenotype
- Windows on the Universe: The Era of Multi-Messenger Astrophysics
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency that supports fundamental research and education across all fields of science and engineering. In fiscal year (FY) 2019, its budget is $8.1 billion. NSF funds reach all 50 states through grants to nearly 2,000 colleges, universities and other institutions. Each year, NSF receives more than 50,000 competitive proposals for funding and makes about 12,000 new funding awards.
Useful NSF Web Sites:
NSF Home Page: https://www.nsf.gov
NSF News: https://www.nsf.gov/news/
For the News Media: https://www.nsf.gov/news/newsroom.jsp
Science and Engineering Statistics: https://www.nsf.gov/statistics/
Awards Searches: https://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/