Attend the Engineering Advisory Committee Meeting on April 6-7
March 31, 2022
The NSF Directorate for Engineering Advisory Committee will meet virtually on April 6-7, 2022. The committee advises the Directorate on such issues as:
- How the Directorate's mission, programs, and goals can best serve the community,
- Important issues in institutional administration and policy,
- How the Directorate can promote quality graduate and undergraduate education in engineering,
- Priority investment areas in engineering research, and
- Government Performance and Results Act.
See the agenda and register for this public event.
The U.S. National Science Foundation propels the nation forward by advancing fundamental research in all fields of science and engineering. NSF supports research and people by providing facilities, instruments and funding to support their ingenuity and sustain the U.S. as a global leader in research and innovation. With a fiscal year 2023 budget of $9.5 billion, NSF funds reach all 50 states through grants to nearly 2,000 colleges, universities and institutions. Each year, NSF receives more than 40,000 competitive proposals and makes about 11,000 new awards. Those awards include support for cooperative research with industry, Arctic and Antarctic research and operations, and U.S. participation in international scientific efforts.