Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier
Understanding how constantly evolving technologies are actively shaping the lives of workers and how people in turn can shape those technologies, especially in the world of work.
The future of work at the human-technology frontier will bring together NSF research communities to conduct basic scientific research on the interaction of humans, society, and technology that will help shape the future of work to increase opportunities for workers and productivity for the American economy.
- Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier
- Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier: Core Research (FW-HTF)
(Program Announcement, Dec. 6, 2018)
- NSF announces awards to shape the human-technology partnership for the well-being of workers and their productivity
(NSF News Release, Nov. 5, 2018)
- NSF issues first Convergence awards, addressing societal challenges through scientific collaboration
(NSF News Release, Aug. 25, 2017)
- NSF funds new projects to advance energy-efficient computing
(NSF News Release, Oct. 18, 2016)
Ten research and process "big ideas" that will drive important aspects of NSF's long-term research agenda, push forward the frontiers of U.S. science and engineering research, and lead to new discoveries and innovations.