COMMITTEE ON PROGRAMS AND PLANS
NATIONAL SCIENCE BOARD
National Science Foundation
March 29, 2007
3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Open Session: (3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Approval of Minutes
- Committee Chairman’s Remarks
- Status Report: Task Force on International Science: Dr. Jon Strauss
- Subcommittee on Polar Issues: Dr. Barry Barish
- Task Force on Transformative Research: Dr. Douglas Randall
Final Report and Recommendations
- Request for Information: Recompetition, Operations and Management Costs for NSF
Contracts, Cooperative Agreements and Grants
- Potential Impacts to the MREFC Program from the Realities of the FY 2007 Budget and
the FY 2008 Request.
- NSB Information Item: Update on the Division of Astronomical Sciences Senior
NSF Discussants: Dr. Tony Chan, Assistant Director, MPS, and Dr.
Wayne VanCitters, Division Director, AST
Closed Session (5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
NSB Action Item: National Optical Astronomy Observatory and
the National Solar Observatory
NSB Action Item: National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center
Back to NSB Meetings