Dear Colleague Letter: Announcement of Changes to Submission Windows for the Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) Directorate's Core Programs as well as the Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC) Program
May 13, 2015
The National Science Foundation's (NSF) Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) announces its intention to revise the submission windows for its core programs as well as the Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC) program for the 2015-16 academic year. Specifically, the following submission windows are anticipated:
- Medium and Large proposals: September 2015; and
- Small proposals: November 2015.
Specific dates for these revised submission windows will be announced when the core program solicitations are re-issued later this spring.
The complete list of programs that will use these revised submission windows is as follows:
- Algorithmic Foundations (AF);
- Communication and Information Foundations (CIF);
- Computer Systems Research (CSR);
- Cyber-Human Systems (CHS);
- Information Integration and Informatics (III);
- Networking Technology and Systems (NeTS);
- Robust Intelligence (RI);
- Secure and Trustworthy Cyberspace (SaTC); and
- Software and Hardware Foundations (SHF).
[The revised windows do not apply to the Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) or CISE Research Initiation Initiative (CRII) programs, nor to any other CISE programs not listed above.]
Principal Investigators interested in submitting proposals for consideration by the CISE programs listed above are encouraged to consult the websites of the CISE Divisions of Computing and Communication Foundations (CCF), Computer and Network Systems (CNS), and Information and Intelligent Systems (IIS); the program solicitations will be linked from these websites as soon as they are re-issued for 2015-16.
Assistant Director, CISE