- Academic Institution Profiles
- This interactive website provides access to selected data on the number of earned doctorates, number of graduate students and postdoctorates in science and engineering, total federal obligations, and total R&D expenditures by individual U.S. academic institutions. Academic Institution Profiles also includes rankings of institutions by four selected variables. Data come from four NCSES surveys: the Higher Education R&D Survey; the Survey of Earned Doctorates; the Survey of Federal Science and Engineering Support to Universities, Colleges and Nonprofit Institutions; and the Survey of Graduate Students and Postdoctorates in Science and Engineering. Data cover the most recent 10 years and are available for download.
- Early Career Doctorates
- The ECDS gathers in-depth information about postdoctoral appointees and other recent doctorate recipients during the first 10 years of their working careers. Information collected includes demographics; professional activities and achievements; professional and personal life balance; mentoring, training, and research opportunities; and career paths and plans.
- Graduate Students and Postdoctorates in S&E
- This series provides data on the number and characteristics of science and engineering graduate students enrolled and postdocs working in academic U.S. institutions.
- Postdoctorates at Federally Funded R&D Centers
- This series provides data on the demographic characteristics, research fields, and sources of support of postdoctoral researchers (postdocs) employed at federally funded R&D centers (FFRDCs).
- S&E Doctorate Awards
- This series presents data and trends on doctorates awarded in science and engineering. Information is also available on characteristics of doctorate recipients, institutions awarding doctorates, and postgraduation plans of doctorate recipients.
- Women, Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities in S&E
- This series presents trends in the participation of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities in science and engineering fields. Topics include higher-education enrollments, degrees, institutions, and financial support and employment status, occupations, sectors, and salaries.
Last Updated: June 08, 2016