- Academic Institution Profiles
- This interactive website provides access to selected data on the number of earned doctorates, number of graduate students and postdoctorates in science and engineering, total federal obligations, and total R&D expenditures by individual U.S. academic institutions. Academic Institution Profiles also includes rankings of institutions by four selected variables. Data come from four NCSES surveys: the Higher Education R&D Survey; the Survey of Earned Doctorates; the Survey of Federal Science and Engineering Support to Universities, Colleges and Nonprofit Institutions; and the Survey of Graduate Students and Postdoctorates in Science and Engineering. Data cover the most recent 10 years and are available for download.
- Federal Funds for R&D
- This series reviews current and historical trends in Federal obligations and funding for research and development in science and engineering.
- Federal R&D Funding by Budget Function
- This series presents information on Federal funding of research and development (R&D) and the R&D plant components of agency programs. The R&D data are classified into Federal budget function categories, such as defense, health, space, and energy.
- Federal S&E Support to Universities, Colleges, and NPOs
- This series provides data and analyses on Federal science and engineering support to universities, colleges, and nonprofit institutions.
- National Patterns of R&D Resources
- This series presents trend data on the overall research and development effort in the United States. Information includes R&D expenditures by sector of performance, source of funds, character of R&D work, R&D-to-GDP ratios, and international comparisons.
- R&D Funding and Performance by NPOs
- This series provided information on the science and engineering research and development activities of nonprofit organization.
- Science and Engineering State Profiles
- State Profiles is an interactive website providing access to state-level data on science and engineering (S&E) personnel and finances and state rankings. State Profiles displays up to 7 state profiles of the user’s choice. Data are available from surveys sponsored by the National Science Foundation on employed science, engineering, or health (SEH) doctorate holders; S&E doctorates awarded, including by major S&E fields; SEH graduate students and postdoctorates; federal research and development obligations by agency and performer; total and business R&D expenditures; and higher education R&D expenditures, including by major S&E fields. Data available from other sources include population, civilian labor force, per capita personal income, federal expenditures, patents, small business innovation research awards, and gross domestic product. All data are available for download. Data cover 2003 to present.
- Science and Technology Pocket Data Book
- This series provides a reference to selected data series of the Science and Engineering Indicators report. It provides both charts and tables, and complements past Science and Engineering Indicators reports.
Research and Development: Funding
Last Updated: June 08, 2016