- National Patterns of R&D Resources
- This series presents trend data on the overall research and development effort in the United States. Information includes R&D expenditures by sector of performance, source of funds, character of R&D work, R&D-to-GDP ratios, and international comparisons.
- Science and Engineering State Profiles
- State Profiles is an interactive website providing access to state-level data on science and engineering (S&E) personnel and finances and state rankings. State Profiles displays up to 7 state profiles of the user’s choice. Data are available from surveys sponsored by the National Science Foundation on employed science, engineering, or health (SEH) doctorate holders; S&E doctorates awarded, including by major S&E fields; SEH graduate students and postdoctorates; federal research and development obligations by agency and performer; total and business R&D expenditures; and higher education R&D performance, including by major S&E fields. Data available from other sources include population, civilian labor force, per capita personal income, federal expenditures, patents, small business innovation research awards, and gross domestic product. All data are available for download. Data cover 2003 to present.
- State Government Research and Development
- Data on R&D activity performed and funded by each of the nation's 50 states and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
Research and Development: U.S.Totals
Last Updated: June 08, 2016