Graduate Research Opportunities Worldwide (GROW) - JAPAN
This page provides information about the GROW opportunity for Japan.
See Dear Colleague Letter NSF 14-05 for information on how to apply. For additional information on the GROW program, check the program webpage or email inquiries to email@example.com. Note that external websites not maintained by NSF may become inactive over time.
GROW in Japan
- Partner Agency: Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- Potential host institutions: See http://www.jsps.go.jp/english/e-summer/index7.html .
- Duration: One research visit of between three and twelve months.
- Support: JSPS will provide a monthly maintenance allowance of ¥200,000; a settling-in allowance of ¥100,000; and pre-paid overseas travel insurance.
- Other information:
- Fellows are required to arrive in Japan to begin their fellowship term no later than March 31, 2015.
- Eligible Host Researchers in Japan must be employed full-time or classified as being employed full-time at an eligible host institution. Full-time employment classification is determined by the regulations of the host institution but, in principle, assistant professors (jokyo in Japanese) and research assistants (Joshu ) are not eligible to serve as official hosts.
- Additional Links:
Return to main GROW page.