Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR)
On April 15th, OIA hosted the event INCUBATING TRANSFORMATION: How NSF Program Awards are Catalyzing Progress in Research and Education. The event included presentations, a panel discussion and poster sessions highlighting four of our most prestigious programs: Science and Technology Centers, Major Research Instrumentation, Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research and Academic Research Infrastructure. To see the presentations from the event please visit http://www.tvworldwide.com/events/nsf/150415/. You will need to register with your email address to watch the videos.
The mission of EPSCoR is to assist the National Science Foundation in its statutory function "to strengthen research and education in science and engineering throughout the United States and to avoid undue concentration of such research and education." EPSCoR goals are:
- to provide strategic programs and opportunities for EPSCoR participants that stimulate sustainable improvements in their R&D capacity and competitiveness;
- to advance science and engineering capabilities in EPSCoR jurisdictions for discovery, innovation and overall knowledge-based prosperity.
- to catalyze key research themes and related activities within and among EPSCoR jurisdictions that empower knowledge generation, dissemination and application;
- to activate effective jurisdictional and regional collaborations among academic, government and private sector stakeholders that advance scientific research, promote innovation and provide multiple societal benefits;
- to broaden participation in science and engineering by institutions, organizations and people within and among EPSCoR jurisdictions;
- to use EPSCoR for development, implementation and evaluation of future programmatic experiments that motivate positive change and progression.
EPSCoR SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
NSF EPSCoR Project Directors' and Project Administrators' Meeting (May 18-19, 2015)
NSF EPSCoR Project Directors' and Project Administrators' Meeting (January 22-23, 2015)
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program Webinar Slides
NSF EPSCoR Project Directors' and Project Administrators' Meeting (May 19-20, 2014)
The 23rd National NSF EPSCoR Conference - Nashville, TN (2013)
NSF EPSCoR Project Directors' and Project Administrators' Meeting (May 20-21, 2013)
Download the EPSCoR Jurisdiction Map - EPSCoR Jurisdiction Map (Right Click, Save As)