- National Patterns of R&D Resources
- This series present trend data on the overall R&D effort in the U.S. Information includes R&D expenditures by source of funds, sector of performance, S&E employed in R&D, and international comparisons.
- Science and Engineering State Profiles
- State Profiles is an interactive website providing access to state-level data on science and engineering personnel and finances and state rankings. State Profiles displays up to 10 state profiles of the user’s choice. Data are available from NSF-sponsored surveys on employed science, engineering, or health (SEH) doctorate holders; science and engineering (S&E) doctorates awarded, including by major S&E fields; SEH graduate students and postdoctorates; federal R&D obligations by agency and performer; total and industrial R&D expenditures; and academic R&D expenditures, including by major S&E fields. Data available from other sources include population, civilian labor force, per capita personal income, federal expenditures, patents, small business innovation research awards, and gross domestic product. All data are available for download. Data cover 2003 to present.
- State Government Research and Development
- Data on R&D activity performed and funded by each of the nation's 50 states and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
Research and Development: U.S.Totals
Can't find what you're looking for? Search NCSES or Browse the Publication IndexLast Updated: July 21, 2014