S-STEM 2018 Webinars
February 15, 2018 12:00 PM
February 15, 2018 2:00 PM
National Science Foundation
NSF Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Submissions to the NSF Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM) Program are due by 5:00 p.m. local time Wednesday, 28 March 2018 in response to NSF solicitation 17-527. To answer any questions you may have about your potential submission, NSF S-STEM Program Directors will host a series of webinars in January and February. Please note that the webinars will be given in two styles: traditional and flipped. The first half-hour of a traditional webinar will consist of an overview of the program itself; this will be followed by a question-and-answer session. The entirety of a flipped webinar will be devoted to questions--the hosts of a flipped webinar will not give an overview of the program. To prepare for the flipped webinar, participants will be expected to have carefully read the solicitation (click here) and/or viewed the videos (bottom of this page) which will soon be updated with current versions.
Additional information is available on the NSF S-STEM program page.
2018 Reviewer Webinar Presentations
- April 16, 2018 Webinar for Reviewers of NSF S-STEM Proposals – Download Slides
2018 Narrated Powerpoint Presentations
Seven short presentations with narration on S-STEM are available as attachments at the bottom of this page. Viewing all 7 presentations requires approximately an hour.
- Overview of the New Program – S-STEM_Powerpoint1
- Track 1: S-STEM Institutional Capacity Building – S-STEM_Powerpoint2
- Track 2: Single Institution –S-STEM_Powerpoint3
- Track 3: Multi-Institution – S-STEM_Powerpoint4
- Proposal Content Info for New PIs – S-STEM_Powerpoint5
- Project Description Contents – S-STEM_Powerpoint6
- Merit Review Criteria – S-STEM_Powerpoint7
2017 Q & A Sessions Archive
The PI webinar on solicitation 17-527 that was given on March 6, 2017 is archived below.
- Powerpoint from the March 6, 2017 Webinar (.pptx) -- Webinar_2017_Ppt
- Video of the March 6, 2017 Webinar (.mp4) -- Webinar_2017_Video
2016 & 2015 Narrated Powerpoint Presentations & Question and Answer Sessions
Webinars on solicitation 16-540 were held on March 3, 2016 and on March 18, 2016. The webinars lasted about 1 hour and consisted of a short Powerpoint presentation followed by a Q & A session.
- Narrated Powerpoint (.pptx used in both 2016 webinars) -- PI_Webinar_March2016
- Q & A session from the March 3 Webinar (.mp4) - PI_Webinar_Q&A_March2016
- Q & A session from the March 18 Webinar (.mp4) - Q&A_March18
Three different "Flipped Webinars" were held during the month of July, 2015. Archived information for the webinar of July 21, 2015 is provided below.
- Webinar Video -- Webinar Video (.mp4)
- Webinar Video with Closed Captioning (link to video)
- PowerPoint Presentation used in the Webinar - Webinar PowerPoint
- Transcripts of the Webinar -- Webinar Transcript (.docx), Webinar Transcript (.pdf)
- Go to https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/mc
- On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
Address General Questions To, 703-292-4630, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas D. Kim, (703) 292-7855, email: email@example.com
Mark Pauley, (703) 292-8658, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ron Buckmire, (703) 292-4630, email: email@example.com
Pushpa Ramakrishna, 703-292-2943, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSF Related Organizations
Division of Undergraduate Education
Webinar Video (.mp4)
Webinar Transcript (.docx)
Webinar Transcript (.pdf)