Cooperative Support Branch
Branch Chief: William Kinser
Deputy Branch Chief: Eddie Whitehurst
To provide dedicated support tailored to meet the award and administration needs of the cooperative agreements within the portfolio of large facilities.
The Cooperative Support Branch (CSB) is responsible for negotiation, award, administration, monitoring and oversight of complex cooperative agreements for Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs), major research facilities and other large facilities in various stages in the facilities lifecycle.
SUPPORTED RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE
NSF is a primary supporter of forefront instrumentation, facilities and infrastructure for the academic research and education communities across all areas of science and engineering. NSF major research infrastructure investments provide state-of-the-art equipment and multi-user research facilities, such as distributed instrumentation networks, arrays, accelerators, telescopes, research vessels, aircraft, and earthquake simulators for research and education.
- Cognizant Grants Officer for Large Facilities Awards
- Large Facilities Financial Data Collection Tool 2018
- Fixed Fee Award Article Attachment - Guidelines Regarding Inappropriate Fee Expenditures
- OMB Announces Change in Micro-Purchase and Simplified Acquisitions Threshold
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) announced that the micro-purchase threshold has been raised to $10,000 and the threshold for simplified acquisitions to $250,000. OMB issued this change on June 20, 2018 and the Uniform Guidance will be revised to conform with the law. OMB Memorandum M-18-18 provides background and information on implementation of the micro-purchase and simplified acquisitions thresholds.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF NSF COOPERATIVE AGREEMENTS
FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR GRANTS AND COOPERATIVE AGREEMENTS
- 2 CFR, Part 200 -Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200)