Cooperative Support Branch
Branch Chief: William Kinser
Deputy Branch Chief: Eddie Whitehurst
To provide dedicated support tailored to meet the award and administration needs of the cooperative agreements within the portfolio of large facilities.
The Cooperative Support Branch (CSB) is responsible for negotiation, award, administration, monitoring and oversight of complex cooperative agreements for Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDC’s), major research facilities and other large facilities in various stages in the facilities lifecycle.
NSF-Supported Research Infrastructure
NSF is a primary supporter of forefront instrumentation, facilities and infrastructure for the academic research and education communities across all areas of science and engineering. NSF major research infrastructure investments provide state-of-the-art equipment and multi-user research facilities, such as distributed instrumentation networks, arrays, accelerators, telescopes, research vessels, aircraft, and earthquake simulators for research and education.
Terms and Conditions of NSF Cooperative Agreements
- 2 CFR, Part 220 - Cost Principles for Educational Institutions (OMB Circular No. A-21)
- 2 CFR, Part 225 - Cost Principles for State, Local, and Indian Tribal Governments (OMB Circular No. A-87)
- Federal Domestic Assistance Program Information (OMB Circular No. A-89)
- 45 CFR Part 602 - Grants and Cooperative Agreements with State and Local Governments (Circular A-102)
- 2 CFR, Part 215 - Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements With Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations OMB (Circular No. A-110)
- 2 CFR, Part 230 - Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations (OMB Circular No. A-122)
- Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations (OMB Circular No. A-133)
NSF Policies and Procedures