NSF Response to the Presidential Memorandum on Tribal Consultation and Strengthening Nation-to-Nation Relationships
In compliance with the recent Presidential Memorandum on Tribal Consultation and Strengthening Nation-to-Nation Relationships, NSF held a Town Hall with Tribal Nations in order to seek input on:
- How NSF can better identify and address concerns of American Indian and Alaska Native Tribal Nations (Tribal Nations) relating to NSF's support for science and engineering research and STEM education?
- Are there barriers to accessing NSF programs and, if so, how can NSF best reduce or eliminate those barriers?
- How would Tribal Nations prefer NSF to consult with them? What steps can NSF take to improve this consultation effort?
A video of the Town Hall, and related materials, may be viewed below. NSF invites additional comments from Tribal Nations on the above questions as well as on our Action Plan, which identifies next steps towards enhancing NSF's government-to-government consultation efforts. Please submit comments to email@example.com by June 11, 2021.
- NSF Town Hall with Tribal Nations materials:
- Action Plan of the National Science Foundation to Enhance Tribal Consultation