Division of Chemistry's Virtual Office Hour
April 5, 2023
Upcoming Office Hours
Join us on April 14, 2023, 4-5 PM ET for a virtual office hour on NSF Award Reporting and Grant Management. We will have colleagues from various NSF offices involved in award oversight and management joining us to share the latest updates on NSF policies and guidelines. Bring your questions and get answers from the experts!
Pre-Registration is required: https://nsf.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJItcuCgpzwrGI3Yf1OrBf9KmsUJ2lIlk4I .
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Attendees requiring closed captioning should contact the Chemistry division at email@example.com at least 48 hours in advance to ensure that this service is available.
If there are any topics you think CHE should cover in up-coming office hours, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for more information or look for past and upcoming CHE office hour information here: https://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=300572&org=CHE.
2023 NSF Division of Chemistry Early Career Investigator Workshop
The 2023 NSF Division of Chemistry Early Career Investigator Workshop will be held in person over 1.5 days: May 22, 2023 (9:00 AM to 6:30 PM) and May 23, 2023 (8:00 AM to 12:15 PM) at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Alexandria, Virginia.
This workshop will bring together junior faculty in the field of chemistry together to meet with NSF CHE PDs and discuss steps in strategically crafting research ideas, planning educational and outreach activities, and assessing and evaluating project aims. Participants will also have the opportunity to network with each other as well as successful grant recipients and federal program officers from a variety of agencies. Don’t miss this opportunity to engage with NSF Program Directors.
The workshop is organized by Corinna S. Schindler from University of Michigan Ann Arbor and Osvaldo Gutierrez from Texas A&M University.
Submit your application here: https://www.nsfcareerworkshop.com/. Application Deadline: Friday, April 14, 2023
Here is the list of the past Virtual CHE Office Hour topics:
- November 4, 2022: Quantum Sensing Challenges for Transformational Advances in Quantum Systems (QuSeC-TAQS). (NSF 22-630). (Quantum Sensing Slide Deck)
- February 24,2023: Molecular Foundations for Biotechnology (NSF 23-554); (MFB 3.0 Slide Deck). February 15,2023: Molecular Foundations for Biotechnology (NSF 23-554); (MFB 3.0 Slide Deck). January 28, 2022: New Solicitation: Molecular Foundations for Biotechnology (MFB 2.0): Partnerships to Transform the Industries of the Future (NSF 22-554); (MFB 2.0 Slide Deck). December 11, 2020: (Molecular Foundations for Biotechnology Slide Deck).
- December 3, 2021: Critical Aspects of Sustainability (CAS): Innovative Solutions to Climate Change (NSF 21-124). (CAS Slide Deck)
- October 15, 2021: CHE Mid-scale Research Infrastructure Webinar (NSF 21-117); (Mid-scale Research Infrastructure Slide Deck)
- June 26, 2020: DCL: Pilot Projects to Integrate Existing Da ta and Data-Focused Cyberinfrastructure to Enable Community-level Discovery Pathways (NSF 20-085) Solicitation (Data Pilot Slide Deck)
- April 17, 2020: COVID-19 and its Impact on Research and Funding (COVID-19 Slide Deck)
- September 9, 2022: The Molecule Maker Lab Institute Seed Grant Funding Opportunity. (MMLI Slide Deck).
- April 16, 2021: Federal Funders in chemistry. (Fed Funders in Chemistry Slide Deck)
- August 12, 2022: No Deadline Pilot for Disciplinary Research Programs (CSDM-A, CLP, CTMC). (CHE-DRP:NDP) (NSF 22-606). (No Deadline Pilot Slide Deck)
- August 20, 2021: Division of Chemistry: Disciplinary Research Programs (CHE-DRP) Solicitation (NSF 21-589); (Disciplinary Research Programs Slide Deck). May 29, 2020: Division of Chemistry: Disciplinary Research Programs (CHE-DRP) (NSF 20-577) Solicitation (CHE-DRP Slide Deck)
- May 20, 2022: Division of Chemistry: Disciplinary Research Programs (DRP) Overview. (DRP Overview Slide Deck)
- June 24, 2022: DRP Chemical Measurement and Imaging (CMI) and Environmental Chemical Sciences (ECS) Discussion. (CMI and ECS Discussion Slide Deck)
- July 29, 2022: DRP Chemical Synthesis (SYN), Chemical Catalysis (CAT), and Chemical Structure, Dynamics, and Mechanisms B (CSDM-B) Discussion. (SYN, CAT, and CSDM-B Discussion Slide Deck)
- August 26, 2022: The Chemical Theory, Models, and Computational Methods (CTMC), and Chemical Structure, Dynamics, and Mechanisms A (CSDM-A) Discussion. (CTMC and CSDM-A Discussion Slide Deck)
- September 23, 2022: The Chemical Life Processes (CLP), and Macromolecular, Supramolecular, Nanochemistry (MSN) Discussion. (CLP and MSN Discussion Slide Deck)
- July 23, 2021: Facilitating Research at Primarily Undergraduate Institutions: Research in Undergraduate Institutions (RUI) and Research Opportunity Awards (ROA). (RUI and ROA Slide Deck); July 24, 2020: Facilitating Research at Primarily Undergraduate Institutions: Research in Undergraduate Institutions (RUI) and Research Opportunity Awards (ROA) (NSF 14-579) (RUI and ROA Slide Deck)
- May 14, 2021: The Faculty Early Career Development Program. (Faculty Early Career Slide Deck); May 1, 2020: NSF-wide Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER) (CHE Career Slide Deck)
- April 22, 2022: NSF and NIH-NIGMS Funding Opportunities for Early Career Investigators. (NSF and NIH Funding Opportunities Slide Deck)
- June 25, 2021: Centers for Chemical Innovation (CCI) program (NSF 21-587), (CCI Briefing Slide Deck); June 12, 2020: Centers for Chemical Innovation (CCI) (NSF 20-574), (CCI Slide Deck)
- June 11, 2021: Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Sites Program. (REU Sites Program Slide Deck) May 15, 2020: NSF-wide Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program (NSF 19-582) (REU Slide Deck)
- August 7, 2020: Grant Opportunities for Academic Liaison with Industry (GOALI) (https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/policydocs/pappg20_1/pappg_2.jsp#IIE4) (GOALI Slide Deck)
- January 22, 2021: The CHE/IIP joint session on Dear Colleague Letter: Catalyzing Industry-University Collaboration in Chemical Research through Industry/University Cooperative Research Centers (IUCRCs) (NSF 21-036) https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2021/nsf21036/nsf21036.jsp. (The presentation slides are not available. For additional information, please contact Drs. Ken Moloy and Prakash Balan directly).
- November 13, 2020: Partnerships for Innovation (PFI) (https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=504790&org=IIP&from=home). (Partnerships for Innovation Slide Deck)
- January 5, 2023: New Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) Solicitation (NSF 23-519) (MRI Slide Deck)
- June 10, 2022: Special Office Hour addressing Helium Recovery Opportunities (NSF 22-088). (Helium Slide Deck)
- February 19, 2021: High Field Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spectrometry at the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, https://nationalmaglab.org/user-facilities/icr.
- October 2, 2020: The Molecular Sciences Software Institute (http://molssi.org). (MolSSI Slide Deck)
- September 18, 2020: NSF’s ChemMatCARS: A Synchrotron X-ray National Facility for Chemistry and Materials Research (https://chemmatcars.uchicago.edu/). (ChemMatCARS Overview Slide Deck) (ChemMatCARS Science Highlights Xtal Slide Deck) (ChemMatCARS Science Highlights Liquids Slide Deck) (ChemMatCARS Science Highlights ASAXS Slide Deck)
- September 4, 2020: Mid- scale Research Infrastructure-1 (https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=505602) and the NSF-Nexus Facility (https://nsf-nexus.osu.edu/). (MSRI Slide Deck)
- March 10, 2023: In recognition of Women’s History Month. (Women in Chemistry Slide Deck). March 11, 2022: Celebrating Womens History Month featuring a presentation from COACh entitled: Promoting Equity and Diversity within Chemistry: The Work of Coach.
- November 10, 2021: Mathematical and Physical Sciences Ascending Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (MPS-ASCEND) (NSF 22-501); (ASCEND Slide Deck). December 2, 2022: Mathematical and Physical Sciences Ascending Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (MPS-Ascend). (NSF 23-501); (ASCEND Slide Deck)
- November 9, 2021: Launching Early-Career Academic Pathways in the Mathematical and Physical Sciences (LEAPS-MPS) (NSF 22-503); (LEAPS Slide Deck)
- October 21, 2021: The new solicitation for Partnerships for Research and Education in Chemistry (PREC) Webinar. (PREC Slide Deck)
- February 5, 2021: Re-entry to Active Research Program (RARE) (NSF 20-586) https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2020/nsf20586/nsf20586.htm. (Re-entry to Active Research Program (RARE) Slide Deck)
- July 10, 2020: Historically Black Colleges and Universities – Excellence in Research (HBCU-EiR) Solicitation (NSF 20-542); (HBCU-EiR Slide Deck)
- March 25, 2022: CHE BP collaborates with EHR/HRD Transform the Industries of the Future. (BP Collaborates with EHR/HRD Slide Deck)
- November 19, 2021: Native American Heritage Month. (NAHM Slide Deck)
- October 16, 2020: Please join us and a panel of highly distinguished Hispanic and Latino researchers to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. (Hispanic Heritage Month Slide Deck)
- October 29, 2021: Broadening Participation, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (BPDEI) in the Chemistry Community. (BPDEI Slide Deck); April 30, 2021: The Chemistry Broadening Participation, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee. (BPDEI Slide Deck)
- July 9, 2021: Broader Impacts Session. (Broader Impacts Session Slide Deck)
- March 5, 2021: Listening session on Broadening Participation, Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity in Chemistry. Listening Session Flyer, Listening Session Slide Deck
- February 25, 2022: Scientific Highlights at NSF and CHE. (Scientific Highlights Slide)
- August 6, 2021: Modernizing Proposal Preparation and Submission at NSF: Migrating from FastLane to Research.gov. (Modernizing Proposal Preparation and Submission Slide Deck)
- April 8, 2022: Annual Reporting Made Easy. Everything you Need to Know. (Annual Reporting Slide Deck)
- January 14, 2022: Rotating Program Director Opportunities. https://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=298174&org=CHE and https://beta.nsf.gov/careers/rotator-programs. (Rotating Program Director Opportunities Slide Deck)
- October 30, 2020: Rotating Program Director Opportunities in CHE (https://beta.nsf.gov/careers/openings/mps/che/che-2020-1237?). (Rotating Program Opportunities Slide Deck)
For questions, please contact:
Marsha Y. Hawkins, (703) 292-4877, email: email@example.com
The U.S. National Science Foundation propels the nation forward by advancing fundamental research in all fields of science and engineering. NSF supports research and people by providing facilities, instruments and funding to support their ingenuity and sustain the U.S. as a global leader in research and innovation. With a fiscal year 2023 budget of $9.5 billion, NSF funds reach all 50 states through grants to nearly 2,000 colleges, universities and institutions. Each year, NSF receives more than 40,000 competitive proposals and makes about 11,000 new awards. Those awards include support for cooperative research with industry, Arctic and Antarctic research and operations, and U.S. participation in international scientific efforts.
Connect with us online
NSF website: nsf.gov
NSF News: nsf.gov/news
For News Media: nsf.gov/news/newsroom
Awards database: nsf.gov/awardsearch/
Follow us on social
Facebook: facebook.com/US.NSF Instagram: instagram.com/nsfgov