Cash Management Branch
The Cash Management Branch (CMB) is responsible for managing the NSF award payment and financial reporting processes and is composed of the Commercial Cash Management Section (CCMS) and the Grants Cash Management Section (GCMS).
GRANTEE CASH MANAGEMENT
Chris Berner, Section Head - (703) 292-4335
USP & Foreign Grantees
Dorothy Battle - (703) 292-4440
AL, AR, CT, FL, GA, KY, LA, MA, ME, MS, NH, PR, RI, SC, TN, VT, NC, VA
Ilene Caruso - (703) 292-8334
AK, AZ, CA, HI, NV, OK, OR, TX, WA and All Non-ACM$ SBIR
Justin Poll - (703) 292-8775
CO, ID, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NM, ND, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY
Kirston Young - (703) 292-2193
DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, WV
- Managing the NSF award payment processes
- Monitoring awardee compliance with cash management and financial reporting requirements
- Administering the Research.gov financial services
- Reconciling awardee payment and expenditure information to the NSF Award System and NSF iTRAK - core financial management system.
- Providing subject matter expertise for post award financial management
- Advising NSF staff and awardees on the financial requirements of NSF awards
- Conducting outreach to awardee institutions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Answers to common questions about the Award Cash Management Service (ACM$), Program Income Reporting, and other cash management topics can be found at the following FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions.
For all other questions, please feel free to email us at the GCMS Mailbox.
COMMERCIAL CASH MANAGEMENT SECTION CONTACTS
Kathleen Carpenter - 703-292-4442
Rebecca Magowan - 703-292-4571
Travel Card Program
Sherri Payne - 703-292-7957
Lucentia (Tia) Davidson - 703-292-4464
SF 1164 Payments, IPA/VSEE Payments, GUEST/Travel Payments
Barbara Melvin - 703-292-7901
GUEST/ Travel Close and Reopen, After-the-fact Travel, Fast Start Forms, 90-Day close Out
Nicole Cyrus - 703-292-5061
Steven Huczel (Contractor) - 703-292-7551
Travel Voucher Review
- Records invoices for purchase orders, contracts, and training
- Provides audit approval related to travel from both Concur and Guest reimbursements
- Processes obligation close-outs for Concur and Guest
- Processes payments for local travel and other related expenses via SF-1164
- Processes IPA payments for per diem, supplemental pay, lost consulting and fringe benefits
- Manages the travel card program
- Processes daily purchase card payments
- Records airline ticket transportation charges for both Concur and Guest Obligations
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Question: I served on a panel, when will I receive reimbursement?
Answer: Please contact the office that invited you to the panel.
Question: I traveled on behalf of NSF and have submitted my expenses, when will I receive reimbursement?
Answer: Please contact the office for which you traveled.
Question: I submitted an invoice for payment, when will it be paid?
Answer: Please contact the office for which you provided goods or services.